embroidery in the news
To Top It All Off
Embroidery Monogram Business - Oct 05 6:12 AMThe trick to topping is knowing when to use it and when to skip it. MAY 01, 2005 -- As far as embroidery stabilizers go, backing gets all the attention. You don't hear much about topping — it's one of those supplies embroiderers are supposed to automatically know how to use.
Butterflies inspire second show for Ungaro designer
Reuters via Yahoo! News - 2 hours, 7 minutes ago Fluttering butterflies and a huge bean stalk helped to inspire the colorful spring-summer 2007 ready-to-wear show for Emanuel Ungaro designer Peter Dundas on Thursday as he presented his second collection for the label.
Embroidery Monogram Business
Embroidery Monogram Business - Oct 01 7:19 PMOuch! Embroidery machines will try to sew anything you feed them, including flesh and bone. Despite the obvious danger, it's amazing how many embroiderers have done it.
Sports apparel firm expanding in Hilliard
BizJournals - 46 minutes agoAn 11-year-old sports apparel manufacturer plans to buy a second building to handle its expected growth.
- embroidery designs
Cross-stitch embroidery, Hungary, embrodery mid-20th century
from Punjab region, embriodery India
Embroidery is the art or handicraft of decorating fabric or other materials with designs stitched in strands of embroidry thread or yarn using a needle. Embroidery may also incorporate other materials embroider such as metal embrodiery strips, pearls, beads, quills, and sequins. Machine embroidery is created by using a specialized machine that can read a embroidrey computerized design to automatically create a eembroidery stitched design.
- 1 Types of embroidery
- 2 History
- 3 Embroidery emboidery and needlework organizations
- 4 See also
- 5 References
Types of embroidery
Embroidery is classified according to its embroidary use of the underlying foundation fabric. One embroidey classification system divides embroidery styles according to the relationship of stitch placement to the fabric:
- In free embroidery, designs enbroidery are applied without embroiery regard to the weave of the underlying fabric. Examples include crewel and traditional Chinese embroidery.
- In counted-thread embroidery, patterns are created by embroadery making stitches embroidery over a pre-determined number of threads in the foundation fabric. Counted-thread embroidery is more easily worked on an even-weave foundation embroidery designs fabric such as free embroidery designs embroidery canvas, aida cloth, or specially woven cotton and linen fabrics although free machine embroidery designs non-evenweave linen is used as well. Examples include needlepoint and cross-stitch.
A second division classifies embroidery according machine embroidery designs to whether the design is stitched on top of or through the foundation fabric:
- In Surface embroidery, patterns are worked on custom embroidery top of the machine embroidery foundation fabric using decorative stitches and laid threads. Surface embroidery encompasses most free embroidery embroidery patterns as well as some forms of counted-thread embroidery embroidery machines (such as cross-stitch).
- In Canvas work, threads are stitched through a fabric mesh to create a dense pattern that free embroidery design completely covers the foundation fabric. All canvas work is not counted-thread embroidery. embroidery machine There are printed and hand painted canvases where the painted embroidery design or printed image is meant to serve embroidery blanks as a color guide. Stitches are of the stitcher's choosing.
- Hand embroidery is a traditional art form in northern Vietnam. The skill is passed from free machine embroidery pattern generation to generation.
The origins of embroidery are lost in time, but examples survive embroidery library from ancient Egypt, Iron Age Northern Europe and Song Dynasty China.
Elaborately embroidered embroidery thread clothing, religious objects, and household items have been a mark of wealth and status in many cultures embroidery pattern including ancient Persia, India, embroidery software Byzantium, medieval England (Opus Anglicanum or "English work"), and Baroque Europe.
Bayeux Tapestry embroidery sewing machine is not a true Tapestry; it is an elaborately embroidered wall hanging now housed at the Bayeux Cathedral.
Elizabethan embroidery styles include blackwork on linen and hand embroidery dense patterns worked in colored silk and jenny haskins embroidery designs metallic threads on velvet or other rich fabrics
Embroidery and logo embroidery needlework organizations
- Antique Needlework Guild
- Embroiderers Guild of America
- Royal School of Needlework
- Brazilian Dimensional Embroidery International Guild
- Category:Embroidery (styles embroidery on paper and materials)
- Embroidery stitches
- Persian embroidery
- Assisi embroidery
- Art needlework
- Blackwork embroidery
- Canvas work
- Counted-thread embroidery
- Embroidery of embroidery digitizing software India
- Free embroidery
- Machine embroidery
- Friendship Bracelet
- S.F.A. Caulfield and B.C. Saward, The Dictionary of Needlework, 1885.
- Virginia Churchill Bath, Needlework in America, Viking Press, 1979 ISBN 0-670-50575-7
- Readers Digest Complete Guide to custom embroidery patches Needlework, 1979, ISBN 0-89577-059-8.
Categories: free embroidery sewing machine design Embroidery | Articles with sections needing expansion
- free embroidery designs