Green tea (Simplified Chinese: 绿茶, Traditional Chinese: 綠茶; pinyin: Lǜ chá) is a "true" tea (i.e. Camellia sinensis) that has undergone greentea minimal oxidation during processing. Green tea is popular in green tee China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, and the Middle gree tea East. It is only recently that it has become more widespread in the West, which green te traditionally drinks black tea (a "true" tea made from leaves more heavily oxidized than the white, green, and greem tea oolong varieties).
- 1 History green tea of tea in Asia
- 2 Chinese green teas
- 2.1 Zhejiang Province
- 2.2 Hubei green tea extract Province
- 2.3 Henan Province
- 2.4 Jiangsu benefits of green tea Province
- 2.5 Jiangxi Province
- 2.6 Anhui Province
- 3 Japanese green lipton green tea teas
- 4 Other green teas
- 5 Brewing
- 6 Health chinese green tea benefits
- 7 When green tea weight loss a doctor should be contacted prior to consuming
- 8 See green tea benefits also
- 9 References
- 10 External links
History of tea green tea diet in Asia
The Chinese are said to be the first ones to discover tea, matcha green tea and in China the most varieties tea leaf green of tea are found. Tea has been used in China as a medicinal beverage to promote health in mind and body for about 5000 green tea health benefits years. The earliest known reference to tea as a green tea caffeine health aid dates back to 2737 B.C. Tea was an expensive beverage asian green tea in ancient China. Its use was confined to the wealthy segments of the population. Only in Ming dynasty after health benefits of green tea the fall of the Mongolian empire in green tea supplement capsules 1368 A.D., tea drinking spread from the elite to the populace. When China was the sea power of organic green tea the arizona green tea world (1405-1433), tea was among the indispensable supplies for the seamen. The amount of vitamin C in the tea drink consumed green tea powder by the seafarers at that time was enough to prevent scurvy which would kill many European green tea plus sailors more than 100 japanese green tea years later, but was essentially unknown to the medical officers assigned to the fleet of more than 27,000 men on green tea ice cream their round voyage from China to Africa. The first shipment of caffeine content in green tea tea to Europe in 1606 by the Dutch East India Company was green tea.
Chinese legend says green tea and weight loss that one day, an Emperor, named Shen Nong, green tea dieting was boiling some water on a fire, and a sudden wind swept by several green tea pills small trees nearby. During this great gust of wind, a handful of leaves green tea leaf extract from the trees were blown off their branches, and landed in the emperor's kettle. He tasted the strange green tea diet pills liquid that formed and was delighted at what he found. green tea perfume  The result was tea. Currently there are many different varieties of tea in the does green tea contain caffeine world from the Camellia sinensis plant.
In another green tea tablets version of the legend of how tea loose leaf green tea was discovered, Shen Nong, having quasi god-like abilities, discovered tea in a different way. Shen Nong was a ruler that effects of green tea was just and cared deeply about his people. When he saw that many people died from eating poisonous plants benefits of green tea for dieting and became very sad. Because it was said that his belly was benifits of green tea bright and transparent and one could see the green tea metabolism contents of his organs, Shen Nong decided that he benefits drinking green tea would try every single plant he could find and see what would happen as brewing green tea it went inside his stomach. One day, he tasted a tender and pointy decaffeinated green tea little green leaf. When this leaf descended down his stomach, he saw that the leaf was brushing and cleaning his green tea extract side effects stomach from top to bottom and wiped his stomach perfectly clean. It was as if green tea fat burner it is on a "searching and green tea leaves destroy" mission of dirt. Thus, Shen Nong named it 查, pronounced "CHA" and means "search" in Chinese. mega green tea Later people called it 茶, or "tea," also pronounced "CHA" in sobe green tea Chinese. That is the legendary green tea for weight loss root of the word, "tea," as we know it today.
The first of the less processed teas were white teas, while further processing created green tea help me lose weight green teas that could green tea and fertility be stored for longer periods of time. During the Tang Dynasty, wild tea was gathered and then processed. Processing involved steaming the tea on mega t green tea a bamboo tray, grinding the tea into a fine pulp called green tea caffine tea mud and then placing this mud into moulds. The tea was then green tea health pressed and left to harden. It was then transferred out of the mould, caffeine content green tea dried in the sun, and baked to prevent rotting. This is very different to how green tea to lose weight green tea is processed today; while benefits of green tea extract this practice of grinding tea continued into the Sung Dynasty by decaf green tea the Yuan Dynasty, it had all but vanished in favour of leaf teas. Compressed raw teas are still made in Yunnan elizabeth arden green tea and a few other provinces, they are very popular and are discussed in the Pu-erh green tea dietary supplement tea article, however these teas are classified differently because they undergo a buy organic green tea online period of aging.
Tea has played a significant green tea contain caffeine role in the culture of East Asia for centuries as a staple beverage, a curative and a symbol of green tea diet pill status. It is not surprising its discovery is ascribed to liquid green tea extract religious or royal origins. Even the earliest texts organic green tea concentrate discuss the health benefits of tea. One of the earliest known references in Japan acne diet green tea is a 9th century text. It was the Heian Period (A.D. 794-1185) of peace, prosperity, and openness arizona diet green tea to ideas and cultures particularly from China. Many aspects of Chinese culture, Chinese writing system, and diet lipton green tea religion were introduced during this period green tea hairloss including parts of the modern Japanese writing systems.
See also Tea History.
Chinese green teas
A pile of the Twinings brand what is green tea Gunpowder
a low grade variety of Chinese green tea
green tea concentrate
A pile of Mao Jian a higher grade variety of Chinese green tea
Stir-frying Longjing tea, a very high grade tea
Zhejiang is home to the most famous of buy green tea online all teas, Xi Hu Longjing, as well as many other high quality green teas.
- The most well-known of famous does green tea have caffeine Chinese teas from Hangzhou, green tea capsules its name in Chinese means Dragon Well. It is pan-fried and has a green tea extracts distinctive flat appearance. Falsification of Longjing is very common and most of the tea on the green tea recipes market is in fact produced in Sichuan Province and hence green tea studies research not authentic Longjing.
- Hui Ming
- Named after a temple in Zhejiang.
- Long Ding
- A tea from Kaihua County known as Dragon Mountain.
- Hua Ding
- A tea from Tiantai County iced green tea and named after a peak in the Tiantai caffeine in green tea mountain range.
- Qing Ding
- A tea from Tian Mu, green tea and kidney stones also known as Green Top.
- A popular tea also known as zhuchá. It originated in Zhejiang but is now grown elsewhere green tea caffiene in China.
- Yu Lu
- A steamed tea green tea calories known as Gyokuro (Jade Dew) made in the Japanese style
- Xin Yang Mao Jian
- A Chinese famous tea also known green tea effects as Green Tip.
- Bi Luo Chun
- A Chinese green tea preparation famous tea also known as Green Snail Spring from Dong Ting. As with Longjing falsification gunpowder green tea is common and most of concentrated green tea the tea marketed under this name may, in fact, be grown in Sichuan.
- Rain Flower
- A tea from Nanjing.
- Chun Mee
- Originally a tea in the shape of eyebrows from Jiangxi, it is now green tea ans skin disease grown elsewhere.
- Gou Gu Nao
- A well-known green tea chinese restaurant tea within China and recipient of numerous national awards.
- Yun Wu
- A tea also known as Cloud and Mist.
Anhui Province is home to green tea frappuccino three Chinese famous teas.
- Da Fang
- A tea from Mount Huangshan green tea medical benefits also known as Big Square
- Huangshan Mao Feng
- A Chinese famous tea from Mount Huangshan.
- Lu An Guapian
- A Chinese green tea supplements famous tea also known as green tea to increase ewcm Melon Seed.
- Hou Kui
- A Chinese famous tea also known as Monkey tea.
- Tun Lu
- A tea from Tunxi District.
- Huo Qing
- A tea from Jing County, also known how to make green tea as Fire Green.
- A mediocre quality lipton green tea diet tea from many provinces, an early harvested tea.
Japanese green teas
Green tea (ryokucha) is so ubiquitous salada green tea in Japan that it is more commonly known as "tea" (ocha) and even "Japanese tea" (nihoncha). Types of tea are commonly alvita green tea graded depending on the quality and the best green tea diet supplement parts of the plant used. There are large variations in both price and quality within these broad categories, and there chinese diet green tea are many specialty green teas that fall outside this spectrum. The chinese green tea health benefits very best Japanese green dieters green tea tea is said to be that from the Uji region of Kyoto.
- 玉露 Gyokuro, (jewel dew)
- Selected from green tea and pregnancy a grade of green tea known as tencha (天茶), Gyokuro's name refers to the pale green green tea cancer color of the infusion. The leaves are grown in the green tea side effects shade before harvest which alters their flavor.
- 抹茶 Matcha (rubbed tea)
- A high quality powdered green tea used green tea with ginseng primarily in the tea ceremony. history of green tea Matcha is also a popular flavour of ice cream and other sweets in Japan.
- Sencha (roasted tea)
- Common green tea in Japan. fragrance green oil tea It is made from leaves that are exposed directly to sunlight.
- 玄米茶Genmaicha (popcorn tea)
- bancha and green tea and polyphenols genmai (roasted rice grain) blend.
- Kabusecha (covered tea)
- kabusecha is sencha tea where the green tea and smoking leaves have grown in the shade prior to harvest, although not for as long as green tea caffein Gyokuru. It has a more delicate green tea caffeine content flavor than Sencha.
- Bancha (common tea)
- Sencha harvested as a second flush tea between summer and autumn. The leaves are larger than Sencha and green tea cake recipe the flavour is less full.
- 焙じ茶 Hōjicha ( pan fried green tea camellia tea)
- A pan-fried or oven roasted green tea
- Kukicha ( stalk tea)
- A tea made from stalks produced green tea cup by harvesting one bud and three leaves.
Other green teas
Mediocre quality green tea extract hepatotoxicity tea is often produced to resemble the lower grades of Chinese or Japanese green tea for hair growth tea in appearance outside those green tea pill countries, however there are some notable teas grown outside China and Japan.
- Green Tea from Ceylon
- Green Tea green tea shampoo from Darjeeling
- Green Tea from Vietnam
- Green Tea from Assam
Traditionally, unlike darker teas, green teas are usually brewed beneficial effects of green tea using water that is under the boiling point (about 80 - 90 °C), as water that is best green tea too hot is believed to turn the tea bitter.
- See also: Health benefits buy green tea of tea
Proponents of green tea note that its medicinal benefits chinese green tea benefits have been described for over 1000 years. The Kissa Yojoki, or Book of Tea, written by Zen priest Eisai in 1191, disadvantages of green tea describes how drinking green tea can have a positive effect on the fresh green tea five vital organs, especially the heart. green tea extract thermogenesis The book discusses tea's medicinal qualities which include easing the effects of alcohol, acting as a stimulant, curing blotchiness, quenching thirst, eliminating indigestion, curing beriberi disease, green tea harm you preventing fatigue, and improving urinary and green tea information brain function. Part One also explains the shapes of tea plants, tea flowers and green tea lung liver cancer tea leaves and covers how to grow tea plants and process tea leaves. In Part Two, the book green tea no caffeine discusses the specific dosage green tea patches and method required for individual physical ailments.
In more recent times, many studies have investigated a link between the consumption of green tea plant green tea and a lower incidence green tea soap of a range of cancers in populations, with mixed results. Green tea enthusiasts have claimed
it to be useful for
- Stopping certain neurodegenerative illnesses such as Alzheimers
- Preventing/treating cancer
- Treating arthritis
- Treating multiple sclerosis
- Preventing the degradation of cell membranes green tea without caffeine by neutralizing the spread of free radicals (which occurs during the process of oxidation). 
- Increases fat herbal green tea oxidation (helps the body use fat as metasys green tea tablets an energy source) and raises metabolism. 
- Lowering LDL cholesterol pure invention green tea extract (in high doses in lab tests)
- Preventing lowered T-Cells due to HIV - In lab tests, EGCG, roasted green tea found in green tea, was found to prevent HIV from starbucks green tea attacking T-Cells. However, it is not known if this has any effect on humans yet. starbucks green tea latte 
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has rejected claims of tazo green tea health benefits for green tea. 
- "There is no credible scientific evidence that drinking green tea reduces the risk of where is green tea grown heart disease".
- "FDA concludes there is good young co ltd powdered green tea no credible evidence to support qualified health claims for green tea or green tea extract and a reduction of a number of risk green tea bath factors associated with CVD" (cardiovascular green tea extract weight loss disease).
- The FDA has said that green tea likely does not reduce breast, green tea ice cream recipe prostate or any other type of cancer risk.
Contradicting the FDA, green tea research health A 2006 study published in the September 13 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association shows that adults who consumed three or more seller authentic chinese green tea cups of green wholesale green tea tea per day had a lower risk of death due to cardiovascular disease. The study, conducted by the Tohoku University School caffeine and green tea of Public Policy in good young co ltd green tea Japan, followed 40,530 Japanese adults, ages 40 to 79 years, with no history of green tea diet oprah stroke, coronary heart disease or cancer at baseline beginning in 1994. The study followed all participants green tea supplement for up to 11 years for death from all causes and for up to 7 years for lose weight green tea death from a specific cause. Participants who whole leaf green or white tea consumed 5 or more cups of tea per day had a 16 percent lower antique chinese tea set light green risk of all-cause mortality and a 26 percent lower risk of extracts of green tea cardiovascular disease than participants who consumed less than 1 cup of tea per day. The study also states, "If green tea does green tea and cucumber protect humans against CVD green tea diet patch or cancer, it is expected that consumption of this beverage would substantially contribute to the prolonging green tea fat of life expectancy, given that CVD and cancer are the two leading causes of death green tea from japan worldwide."
A 2006 study published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (Vol. green tea latte 83, pp 355-361) showed that elderly Japanese people who drank more green tea loose leaves than 2 cups of green tea a day had a 50 percent lower chance of having cognitive jasmine green tea impairment than those who drank less or who raspberry green tea consumed other tested beverages.  The high amount of catechins found in green tea sobe lean green tea is thought to be the reason.
In May 2006, researchers at Yale University yue shu green tea School of Medicine weighed in on the issue with a review article that looked at more than 100 green tea burn calories studies on the health benefits of green tea. They pointed to what they called an "Asian green tea parkinsons paradox," which refers to lower rates of heart disease green tea skin care and cancer in Asia despite high rates what is alpha lipoic acid with green tea of cigarette smoking. They theorized that the 1.2 liters of green tea that is black tea vs green tea consumed by many Asians each day provides high levels of polyphenols and other antioxidants. These decaffeinated green tea extract compounds may work in several ways to improve cardiovascular health, including preventing blood green tea design platelets from sticking together and improving cholesterol levels, said green tea diet plan the researchers, whose study appeared in the May issue of the Journal of the American College of Surgeons. Specifically, green tea green tea extract benefit may prevent the oxidation of LDL cholesterol (the "bad" type), which, in green tea gum turn, can reduce the buildup of plaque green tea oil in arteries, the researchers wrote.
Green tea has also been claimed to reduce stress and produce alpha waves. This is green tea recipe thought to be due to high antioxidant levels and the presence of l-theanine, which is green tea smoothie a glutamate analog present in green tea that can cross the blood-brain barrier and reduce glutamate green tea tree excitotoxicity during stress and ischemia. 
When a doctor green teas should be contacted prior to consuming
- If someone is pregnant or is planning to become pregnant.
- If someone is green tea good for you is breast-feeding.
- If someone has otin alpha lipoic acid green tea lcarnitine insomnia (too much green tea can cause insomnia because of its caffeine contents).
- If someone sweetened green tea is anemic (the antioxidant properties of tea can reduce an individual's word of wisdom green tea ability to absorb iron).
- Chinese tea ceremony
- Chinese tea culture
- Japanese tea ceremony
- Reactive oxygen species
- White tea
- Yellow tea
- Master Lam yogi green tea kombucha Kam Cheun et al (2002). The way of tea. Gaia bigelow green tea Books. ISBN 1-85675-143-0.
- American Cancer Society - Information about green tea
- Introduction to Green Tea
- Health Benefits of Green bulgari green tea fragrance Tea - Information about green tea's medicinal properties
- An Introduction to caffeine free green tea Tea Ceremony
- Types of Japanese Tea
green tea diet patch free trial green tea extract diet pill green tea herbals green tea kettle green tea nutrition green tea restaurant green tea shampoo + australia green tea tree sales information on arizona green tea
Categories: Articles with unsourced statements | Japanese drinks | green tea burn fat Chinese Tea | Tea | Antioxidants