italian recipes in the news
Linguini With Clam Sauce, Red Or White
CBS News - 3 minutes ago Bobby Flay says both versions of linguini with clam sauce, a traditional Italian dish, are easy to make. He shows how, and offers recipes, on The Early Show .
Mario Batali shares simple pasta recipes
MSNBC - Oct 04 9:41 PMThe chef behind the well-known “Babbo” restaurant in New York City tells home cooks how to make hand-rolled pasta. Try these Italian dishes.
Preserving recipes from Nana's kitchen
Boston Globe - Oct 05 6:32 AMThere's at least one in every family: Nana's baked ziti, Bubbe's chicken soup, or Oma's stollen. It's grandma's special recipe, the one that makes family celebrations complete, and it's always been entrusted to an aunt or a sister or a cousin for safekeeping.
Poughkeepsie Journal - Oct 04 12:15 AMCooking demonstrations provided by Olive Gardens, the Italian restaurant chain, can be downloaded onto iPods to take into the kitchen. Available at www.olivegar dens.com/recipes / or www. iTunes.com . Chef Paolo Lafata is shown preparing several dishes.
- italian dessert recipes
- italian recipes
|This article italian recipe is part
of the Cuisine series
|Preparation techniques and itallian recipes cooking items
|Techniques - Utensils
Weights and measures
|Ingredients and types of food
|Spices and Herbs
Sauces - italin recipes Soups - Desserts
Cheese - Pasta - Bread
|Regional italianrecipes cuisines
|Asia - Europe - Caribbean
South itlian recipes Asian - Latin America
Mideast - North America - Africa
|Famous chefs - Kitchens - Meals
Italian cuisine is extremely italian recpes varied: the country of Italy was only unified in 1861, and Itailan Recipes its cuisines reflect the cultural variety of Italan Recipes its regions and its diverse history (with culinary influences from Greek, Roman, Norman and Italain Recipes Arab civilizations). Italian cuisine is regarded as a prime example of the Mediterranean Italina Recipes diet, and is imitated all over the world.
To a certain extent there is Itaian Recipes really no such thing as Italian cuisine in the way that one usually understands national cuisines. Itlaian Recipes Each area has its own proud specialties, primarily at Regional level, but also even at Provincial level. Italian cuisine is Ialian Recipes not only highly regionalised, it is very seasonal. The high Ittalian Recipes priority placed on the use of fresh, seasonal produce distinguishes the italian recipes cuisine of Italy from the imitations available in most other countries.
- 1 Regional differences
- 1.1 Northern versus Southern Italian cooking
- 2 Traditional italian pasta recipes menu structure
- 3 Regional italian chicken recipes cuisines
- 4 See also
- 5 External italian cooking recipes links
- 6 Recipes
Roman cuisine, for example, uses italian food recipes a lot of pecorino (sheep's cheese) and offal (called frattaje in Rome), while Tuscan cooking features white beans, meat, and unsalted italian cookie recipes bread. Pizza italian bread recipes also varies across the county, the crusts of pizzas in Rome are thin as crackers, while Neapolitan and Sicilian cooking italian recipes pizza is thicker. The influence of Northern Italian italian red sauce recipes cuisine can be seen in French and German cuisines. Piemonte and Lombardia each grow their own different kind of rices, which are used to italian sausage recipes make risotto. The North of Italy is italian ice recipes the home of polenta. Emilia-Romagna is known for lasagna and tortellini italian beef recipes (stuffed pasta), mortadella, prosciutto, and parmigiano. Naples (Napoli) is the home italian pastries recipes of pizza, mozzarella and pastries (babà, sfogliatelle). Calabria's cuisine uses a lot of hot pepper for its distinctive easy italian dessert recipes salami (that are common, in several varieties, in about all italian meatball recipes the Country) and uses capsicum. Sicily is the home of gelato (ice easy italian and recipes cream) and granita but its cuisine also has many influences from Arab cuisine recipes italian chicken parmesan (lemon, pistachio) and also includes fish (tuna, swordfish). Sardinia is famous italian chicken parmigiana recipes for lamb and pecorino. Every province (sub-division of a Region) has proper desserts and many other recipe.
Northern versus Southern italian appetizer recipes Italian cooking
As a general italian soup recipes rule, northern and southern Italian cuisines are differentiated primarily by the cooking fat and style of pasta commonly used. Northern Italian cuisine (other than authentic italian recipes on the coast) favors butter, free recipes for italian desserts cream, polenta, Mascarpone, Grana Padano, and Parmigiano cheeses, risotto and fresh egg italian dish recipes pasta, while Southern Italian cuisine tends toward Mozzarella, Caciocavallo and lidia's italian cooking recipes Pecorino cheeses, olive oil and dried pasta. Southern Italian cuisine also makes greater use of the ubiquitous tomato. Wines italian breakfast recipes of great renown are produced especially in northern Italy (such as Piedmont's italian espresso drink recipes Asti Spumante) but also in southern Italy (just to name one, Marsala).
Traditional menu italian roast beef recipes structure
A traditional Italian menu consists of:
- L'antipasto - hot and cold appetizers
- Il primo ("First recipes for italian cookies Course"), usually consists of a hot dish italian biscotti recipes like pasta, risotto, gnocchi, polenta or soup. There are usually abundant vegetarian options.
- Il secondo ("Second Course"), the main dish, usually fish or meat (Pasta is italian rice ball recipes never the main course in a traditional menu). Traditionally veal is the italian antipasto recipes most commonly recipes for italian meatballs used meat, at least in the north, though beef has become more popular since World War italian lasagna recipes II and wild game is very popular, particularly in Tuscany.
- Il contorno ("Side italian restaurant recipes Dish") may consist of a salad or vegetables. A traditional menu features salad after the main course.
- Il dolce ("Dessert")
- Il caffè ("Coffee") italian cheese meatball recipes (espresso)
- Liquors/liqueurs (grappa, amaro, limoncello) sometimes referred to as ammazzacaffè ("Coffee killer")
One notable italian food and wines pasta cooking recipes traditional and often surprising portillos italian beef recipes aspect of an Italian meal, especially if eaten in an Italian home, is that the primo, or first course, is usually the italian christmas cookie recipes more filling dish, providing most of the italian christmas food recipes meal's carbohydrates, and will consist of either risotto or pasta (both being italian cooking appetizer recipes excellent sources). The secondo, or second course, which in French or British cuisine really is the main course, is often recipes for italian casseroles scant in comparison. The exception to this tends to be in Tuscany, where a crusty italian bread recipes traditional menu would see soup served as a primo and italian dessert recipes for cooking a hefty meat dish as the secondo.
- Abruzzese cuisine
- Calabrese cuisine
- Campana cuisine
- Emiliana cuisine
- Laziale cuisine
- Ligurian cuisine
- Lombard cuisine
- Marchigiana cuisine
- Molisana cuisine
- Piedmontese cuisine
- Pugliese cuisine
- Romagnola cuisine
- Salentina cuisine
- Sardinian cuisine
- Sicilian cuisine
- Tuscan cuisine
- Umbra cuisine
- Valdostana cuisine
- Veneta cuisine
- Friuli-Venezia Giulia strawberry italian ice recipes crockpot italian roast beef recipes cuisine
- Sudtiroler cuisine
- List of Italian dishes
- Food of Southern Puglia
- Italian American cuisine
- Il cucchiaio d'argento, italian christmas cookies recipes a popular Italian italian christmas pasta recipes general reference cookbook
- Il talismano della felicità by Ada Boni, another popular Italian reference cookbook
- Pellegrino Artusi
- Guide to the italian gelato recipes Culinary Regions of Italy
- The Italian italian cooking recipes television Cook
- Olio2go - Information about Italian Olive Oil
- Authentic Italian cuisine explained by italian slow cooker recipes an experienced chef
Wikibooks Cookbook has a recipe for
Cuisine of Italy
- Italian recipes
- Italian Recipe Database
- Complete Recipes: lidia s italian cooking recipes Italian
- MangiareBene.net, an Italian recipe archive
- BellaOnline Italian Food Recipes
- Italian Food Recipes: illustrated recipes from Italy
- Anna Maria free italian christmas recipes Open kitchen: Traditional Italian italian christmas dinner recipes recipes illustrated step-by-step
italian meatloaf recipes best italian appetizer recipes best italian pizza sauce recipes christmas eve italian recipes
Category: Italian cuisine
- italian pasta recipes